Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Hmm

Didn't update my blog for a long time (As usual), I always feel like ranting and blogging but when I finally sit in front of the PC I just go blank and decide to do something else... This might be long.

Had a good and quieter week than the last one, last one was unbelievable… Can’t recall much but what I remember is going partying four times, smoking a LOT and driving all over town (And outside town as well to Ghantout, Awir Road and Sharjah... This week smoking has been less, average of 2 – 3 ciggies a day, calmer, no clubbing yet and not feeling really like it anyway but the driving is still there! To be honest with you Sharjah is an adorable city late at night, very peaceful and quiet.

Football wise this start to the season was horrible, my team (Liverpool) has conceded in every single game we’ve played so far (Apart from tonight’s 0-0 draw with PSV in the Champions League), we’ve lost the derby vs. Everton 3-0 on Saturday, OK, I can argue that they were lucky and all that (And they were, we had 20+ chances while they only had 4, we had three penalty appeals turned down by the dickhead ref G. Poll and hit the post twice. You can also add having 8 or 9 corners and controlling most of the possession. Hope we get back on track ASAP, we have a tough game vs. Chelsea this weekend, fingers crossed!

Hmm, what else…Haven’t been sleeping or eating properly in the last few days, not a big issue though as I find something to keep me busy. Oh yeah, I just remembered something, what is it with people and mobile phones? Once you take it out of your pocket they ask to have a look, being the naïve and stupid person that I am I always assume that they are just looking at the phone and checking it out its features and design but 99% of the time they tend to check out whatever pictures, sound clips, messages, and everything else you can imagine that is on your mobile. I had a Sony Ericsson K800i with its OVERRATED 3.2 mega pixel Sony Cybershot camera and being into photography I used to take pictures of everything and keep them on the mobile, some people were arguing that what I have on it is “Not suitable to have on a mobile”! Does everything have to be new, cool and fancy on the mobile? Do I have to put pictures of celebrities, silly java games and annoying ringtones on it to satisfy you? Hell, why do I have to bloody make you happy it’s my mobile! It’s up to me whether to put Elissa’s crappy tracks or Nancy’s pointless giggles or to put my favorite tracks! Anyway, thankfully a couple of days back a friend dropped a whole glass of lemon and mint juice on it, the thing was functioning normally but it ‘squeaked’ whenever I used the keypad, was sticky and had an ‘interesting’ smell to it, sold it off yesterday and supposed to get my new Sony Ericsson M600i tomorrow. For the time being, my good ol’ Nokia 9300 is perfectly fine ;)

Weather’s hot and humid, it improved a BIT for a couple of days but it’s back to the normal crappy heat. Also, traffic has been HORRIBLE… The new weekend here (Friday and Saturday) hasn’t only affected traffic negatively on Thursdays and Saturdays but for some reason it’s been ridiculously awful every day of the week… There are these new road projects on the way:
- Two new crossings on the creek (I think they’re the floating bridge and the new bigger Garhoud bridge. There might be even a 3rd one on the way)
- Widening of Al Wahda road in sharjah, the bottleneck basically
- Double-decker roads near my house: Defence Round About/Al Doha Road (Coincidently next to Al Murooj Rotana which has the Double Decker bar)
- The behind schedule and awaited for Dubai Metro
- All the road construction in the Dubai Marina and The Palm area

Many smaller projects being taken care of now, but it won’t be before 2010 when all of those are up and running, by that time the city’s population will increase and the number of cars will probably double and these projects will be obsolete and we will literally have to go back to the drawing board!!!
The brother of a former classmate works for the RTA (Road & Transportation Authority) in Dubai, and he told me that a new system will be in place in which cars will be charged when commuting between Dubai and Sharjah, and other certain routes, for instance for crossing the bridge. I don’t see that happening anytime soon as the concept of charging the cars automatically (Chips, readers on the roads, etc.) would take ages to implement.

Anyway, enough ranting for now, I probably will post this, read it again tom and remember 10 other things which I wanted to talk about but forgot… Anyway, for the time being, the above rants are more than enough me thinks :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ranting's always good :P I, myself rant way too much

Unknown said...

It is good to a certain extent when after that it becomes moaning, nagging and whining ;)