Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Trip diary - Greetings from Amman

Trip diary – Day 0, Holiday Inn, room # 1315 [Evening of July 24, 2007]

So, I’m finally in my hotel room, if I want to briefly describe the hotel, I’d probably say that the exterior looks unique and somewhat modern, but the interiors are outdated. Anyway, I’m supposed to check out in 12 hours anyway, hope I manage to find a flight to Aqaba, my bum can’t take 3-4 more hours of sitting, especially NOT on a coach… Will I be able to go to Petra? I doubt, although it would be a pity not going there, but hey, three months ago I couldn’t even envisage myself making this whole ‘rave’ trip in the first place.

So, after checking in, I settled in my room, finally got my phone to function (Well, it was an electricity socket problem rather than a technical problem within the phone itself), checked my e-mails, jotted down the important numbers, then changed and went out with my trusted camera, took some nice pictures. Well, to be fair they looked good on the LCD screen, on a normal laptop/PC screen all the flaws become far more obvious. Fingers crossed, I won’t get many other chances to take night shots during this brief trip.
Lots of walking, for some reason I went to Starbucks, couldn’t get anything as the Point-Of-Sale system was down, I was impatient and it was getting late… I did somethin stupid though, I’m always a fool, unfortunately.

I forgot to mention how brilliant the weather is outside compared to Dubai, it was breezy, a bit too breezy in fact that I was wondering if some of the photos will suffer from motion blur. It’s obvious that I didn’t upload them yet to have a look, I will have a LOT of time to see them and play around with them later on anyway… I just hope that I wake up on time tomorrow morning; I really don’t need my sleeping disorders, not now!

Tomorrow is another day…

p.s. For some reason I didn’t (And probably won’t) check out the family’s flat/apartment here.

4 comments:

catch22 said...

hi omar ,

i just checked ur pics and i find them amazing , vibrant and just beautiful

hope you had a great time in Amman and Aqaba , too bad you couldn't make it to Petra

well , i had to tell you that i loved them

lol @ the brilliant weather :) i'm glad the heat wave eased up

cheers

Unknown said...

Hehe, thanks C22 =)

I was NOT sarcastic about the weather, that so-called heat wave for you lot was quite acceptable for someone who's come from a climate where 44+ with humidity is the norm ;)

Maher said...

you really need to find a way to go to Petra.
Petra is a must see!

Hope you'll enjoy yout stay here ;>

Unknown said...

I know Maher, in the next blog entries you will realise how retarded I am for oversleeping on regular basis during the trip! I might get a second chance though, fingers crossed ;)