Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Remember September

Had to undergo another minor surgery to remove a new lump that surfaced in a similar location to the one I had a few months back… Finally found the proper medical name for it, which is an “abscess”. Was given local anesthesia AND sedation (Thankfully), which made it a breeze as I slept throughout the whole thing.... Back home now resting with a similar big bandage wrapped around my left arm. Hoping it will be the last one, but one can’t be sure, especially since I have no clue whatsoever what its causes are, and the professionals don’t know either as there are several potential causes (Sweat, heredity, skin type, diet and/or many others)

When I arrived, the nurses gave me a briefing of how things will go, took a blood test, etc, the normal stuff you’d expect to have before a surgery. But at one point, I checked the file they had and noticed the date, September 11, 2007… I have been losing track of the time and the date rather easily these days, so, what do people usually remember this particular date for?

- The whole world (Well, almost) recalls the tragic attacks of 2001
- In our small family, it’s the 26th anniversary of our lovely parents, bless them! :)
- Personally, well, it is a good memory, a really good memory. Do you remember September?

p.s. Boom Jinx “Remember September” [Original mix] (Anjuna Deep)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sPKsePQFJU4

2 comments:

KJ said...

Oh man, salamat ya rub, I didn't know you had surgery! I have been such an ass :'(

I had a lump that grew over my heart. It was an exhilarating experience since I had only local anesthetic and stayed awake during the almost-open-heart surgery. It was cool! But I'd not wish it on me and anyone again.

Get well soon! And stop entertaining yourself in the bathroom very often. That's another cause!

Anonymous said...

salamt Omar! sorry you had to go through this.

happy Eid to you and your family, and get well soon :)