Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Back to the humidity…

Will start this on a sad note… May the soul of H’s father rest in peace… Was shattering to hear the news on Friday morning… My deepest condolences... Il ba2eye bi 7ayatek H :(, I hope you will continue to be strong, as you’ve always been dear…


I slacked again and haven’t bothered to update this blog of mine for a while… Although I do post something every now and then on the other one, it’s relatively easier to find something to put up there, it’s copied (And formatted) lyrics…

So, I am going blank again… Ironic that you always think you have stuff to write about, yet, when you start typing away everything disappears… Frustrating at times! Will get inspiration as soon as a random thought pops up in my head..

I finally got the Powershot G7 camera, so far so good, pictures are ‘noisy’ sometimes and I initially struggled while taking night shots, but eventually it turned out fine, still, not as good as the 400D, but it does the job… And oh, just to prove the fatuous guys at the Duty Free in Jordan wrong, I hope I will take the bill when we go there again (the difference was over $100). Yeah, so mean and narrow-minded you can say, but I always jump at the opportunity to prove something wrong (Even myself).

That “go again part” was quite vague me thinks, one of those moments when we rattle on about something, assuming it is a well-known and well-documented worldwide fact, when the reality is not many (Or none at all) have any bloody idea what we’re on about! So to enlighten the masses: I’m going to mansafland (i.e. Jordan, also known as el Gordon) towards the end of this month AGAIN. My family were already planning to go and booked everything, when I came back from that ‘raving’ trip, I changed my mind about staying in Dubai, another reason is the fact that I couldn’t find a ‘proper’ summer or part-time job. Surprisingly folks were glad I changed my mind… But there was one really, really important issue… SPIDER aka. KATKOOT! Where to put the poor little mixed Persian thing? {Although I’d rather consider him a pure Persian when he is NOT!)… We eventually decided to put him at a “pet chalet” somewhere in Dubai, never knew such a place existed here till we got him in December as a tiny and scared two-month old kitten… I still remember how worried I got the first time he sneaked out of the house… He always tried, but to no avail, but that night it was a gloomy and dark one, and it was even raining (Pouring cats and dogs as some say ;)), was out at football practice (Which I miss nowadays since we stopped it ages ago) to be told when I got back home that he has been out for over two hours…The fear of losing him was immense… I never thought one could build any sort of emotional bond with an animal, how wrong I was… After some more searching around the compound, the silly “Spider” turned out to be lost in the garden next door, seemed equally delighted to be ‘found’… Dam, that was a LOT of stuff to write up about a kitten, but he’s adorable nevertheless…

Electronic-music wise, last four weeks have been lovely… New tunes, new sets, nice gigs (Bart Claessen in particular)… Paul Van Dyke’s new album should be out soon, and the dude from Berlin himself is due to play in Bahrain in November (Road trip anyone?)… Above & Beyond are not coming in September anymore (Maybe I mentioned that before, not arsed to check), but hey, Ferry Corsten is coming in mid-September… Cosmic Gate supposedly signed and confirmed, but neither their website, nor anywhere else… All I hear is that they’re due to come before Ramadan (Which also starts in Mid-September)…I will miss their gig in Amman though, it’s happening four days before I land there… Won’t get to hear Nic play his own “What You Need” live *sigh*

Now, I wish I could write more… But, I can’t… Finished it on a totally different note to how it started: With psychological blankness… So much to say now... Things I ponder whether they should be concealed or revealed...

Till the next time...
*hug to all*

2 comments:

KJ said...

LoooooooL, you're such a wreck!

Welcome back to this oven. I really REALLY hope the winter is freezing. And I hope when it rains it doesn't turn our sand parking to quicksand parking :P

Man enjoyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy summer... wallah I am the one who knows what it feels like not to have one! But mom is inshalla coming this weekend and staying for a couple of weeks, so it would be a good change around the house :D

You're everywhere, even on YouTube! I wonder how you have so much time :P And you go to all those eardrum shattering concerts and peppermint stuff! Most horrible!

*runs over to the comfort of a nice lamp, sofa, quite atmosphere and reads a book*

Maher said...

Congratz for the Camera dude!
inshallah i'll see you post more soon

O thanks for the lovely comment in my blog! :>