Sunday, October 15, 2006

Ramadan ranting + other stuff

Well, finally decided to post something on my little online blog, so much has been going in the past two or three weeks, school started (Well, it is university but I’d rather call it school), L’s turned nineteen, Ramadan started and it’s almost over (THANKFULLY!) and I finally found my soul mate.

I’ve been nagging throughout this holy month, and it’s due to a reason, I didn’t have such a bad case of sleeping disorders for such a long time, add to that eating disorders and lack of any proper studying. There’s no time to do anything really due to iftar, one is sleepy and hungry before iftar and is even sleepier and pressed for time after it. Ended up putting on weight and couldn’t really study anything in the past two weeks, something’s wrong and that is certainly Ramadan!

Been rather disconnected from many people lately, I should stay in touch far more often with some people but for some reason I haven't done so… I owe apologies to some people I guess, feel like a stranger sometimes, lost, but I am hoping that I get my ‘life’ sorted out soon. I must, got no choice to be honest. Somehow must find a balance between my studies and my so-called ‘social life’.

Hmm, after my parents got fed up of my ‘expenditures’ they decided to give me pocket money instead, it isn’t that bad, at least I can save up some money and do whatever I want as long as I have saved up enough money, on top of that, it is not that bad as I was promised a brand new laptop, I doubt I would get it before the end of the current semester in Mid February, but it should be well worth the wait as I can practically get any laptop I want (The magic words: Price is not an issue). Currently this is the one that I intend to get (Assuming that no better or newer and more attractive models are released from now till I finally get my new toy which I will hardly use =p)


Should be able to finally get my own credit card soon, Emirates Bank seem to offer the most suitable credit card for little students (Fa3afee6 :D) like me. Inshalla will call up the bank tomorrow and double-check what is required. It would be much easier to buy things online without going through the parents that way. *Expects to spend more time on souq.com now!* My next plastic

Hmm, my thoughts are mixed up, jumping from one topic to another as usual, but Ramadan is almost over, that means the return of club nights! The line-up is amazing, Groove Armada, Hernan Cattaneo, ATB, Axwell, Deep Dish, Max Graham amongst many others, S should be back for eid so that is a plus as well, Hernan Cattaneo the first to spin at the Peppermint club on the night of the 27th, whoaaa! I’ve gotten sick of trancing and dancing in my room and my car and sometimes even in public!! Need some MINT in my life… Can’t bloody wait. David Newsum informed me that Above & Beyond are expected to come back again to the little Apartment club at some point in January or February and guess what? On their official site two gigs in Dubai are yet to be confirmed in November and December, not bad at all, eh? ;)

Some personal messages to different people, no initials this time though.

- I know I should stay in touch more often, been bad to you guys :(.
- You’re so adorable, bless you! Maybe I will follow you forever ;).
- Had a blast with you guys! Hope we do it far more often :).
- You p*ss me off, don’t throw accusations around; we try our best but sometimes there’s a limit to what one can do.
- Don’t like it? F*** off!
- To me: Pleasing and satisfying everyone is impossible, you know it you idiot out of past experiences.
- I strongly dislike how you appear and disappear all the time, stop acting as if you are always ‘around’ when you are not there.

Hmm, guess that is enough ;)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

you have finally updated! so school started? at least you got something to do :D

The friendly lion said...

Finally a postt!! although my owns been stagnant for as long now so cant really point fingers. :)although it is a little confusing!

Anonymous said...

Hey..you've got a nice blog. Just want to tell you I dont think the thing you said about Ramadan is a really good thing. Evrryone has sleeping disorders and feels hungry. But its only for a month. And God wants us all to see how the unfortunate feel. This way when we are hungry we remember God and thank him for blessing us with all things good. Who knows, you might have been the one on the street begging for food. But you are not. God just wants us all to remember Him and thank Him.

Hope you understand what I said here.:-)

Cheers

Unknown said...

Randomsurfer:
Yeah! Finally updated it :)
You think I do? Nothing much to do yet, trying to motivate myself to read but not up for it (Yet!)

Friendly Lion:
Confusion can be fun (Rarely though), did you try guessing who the people are this time? =p

Reem:
I agree, but I tend to nag and Ramadan's my perfect excuse. After ramadan I will blame it on the changing weather or something, there must be an excuse. I am the king of all excuses!

Anonymous said...

I'm not muslim so maybe i shouldnt speak and i know im gonna be somewhat controversial here but Ramadan to me..it is just not working :)...I have tried many times myself to not eat for one day ( i did had some water tho) but i didnt find it a hard experience at all..u call it fasting but then u see several muslims literally pig eating during night time after like what 13-14 hrs?..this is called fasting?? Instead we should call this a month of genorousity when muslims give to the poor..thats what ramadan is to me..not about fasting cuz it is hard to label it with that term..its about giving and being generous

Unknown said...

Anon:

Valid point, to some Ramadan is all about sitting infront of the tv for prolonged hours watching TV, eating or going out to tents to enhale some more shisha (I expected myself to do that often myself, haven't done so though surprisingly)...
Some people struggle with fasting due to their eating habits for instance and their lifestyles, but it depends on the individual...

I am fine with eating, I can bear, but it's the eating disorders, I am used to eating at whatever time I want without any regulation of my eating habits, thus, not being able to eat during the day makes me binge and 'pig eat' at night...

Sigh!