Saturday, August 26, 2006

On a trip

Arrived in Amman, Jordan half a day ago. Just came back to the hotel from a long (but fun) day…

Been up for about two days, not even sure how many hours, napped for barely a few hours but surprisingly I am NOT feeling that tired nor sleepy. Flight was OK, nothing bad, nothing special (As usual, *yawn*). After finally arriving at the hotel had to open the door a hundred or so times as stuff that were supposed to be in the guestroom prior to our arrival had to be delivered but that’s no big deal…

In the afternoon after all the opening and closing decided to have a nap, woke up an hour later alone in the room, I have no clue whatsoever where my family were and what they were up to but nevertheless I went out to meet some great members from the Jordanian forum I go to (www.mahjoob.com) , lots of laughing and talking. Being able to finally relate nicknames to faces is fantastic indeed! :)

Then one of the ‘Mahajeeb’ that I’ve known for a while dropped me to our neighborhood, or what we call in our Arabic dialect as “hara”, met up with the neighbors, checked out our small garden and our house and it was well beyond my expectations, not bad at all! Bad thing is that I was rather shocked because I had to wait for around 15 minutes to find a vacant cab, which is surprising in Amman as it never really was a major issue to find one, anyway, here I am back in the hotel chatting & snacking… Tomorrow is another day!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

cabs in amman these days are impossible, it took me a whole hour of waiting in the hot sun to find one. something went wrong this year, im telling u, it never was like this before.