Monday, September 27, 2010

7-minute miles

Typed up at some point during the recent Euro Trip (Blogged about in the previous posts below). Believe it or not, yours truly has actually took a break (albeit a short one) from ranting to write something that can somehow be motivational... Happy reading peeps


We are all different people on this earth , we have different races, backgrounds, experiences and aspirations in life.

Due to the variety in people out there, this smorgasbord means that different people will always have their own ways of doing things, they will probably be influenced by things such as social norms, upbringing and the culture, amongst many others deeper and more micro reasons. I'm not a psychologist, doctor or expert in cultures, so I won't really scrutinize the matter, people do seemingly endless researches and studies into this, so my likited insight on this should be kept to that, I.e. Limited

Motivating oneself and trying to see the more positive side(s) of life is not always an easy or a straightforward process. Some of us have funny ways of doing so, some might go binging (ice cream cravings?), some might surround themselves with positive people and ultimately positive energy, others may spend time alone to reflect on things and regather momentum, while others may indulge in uber cool activities (cool only to them perhaps). Some may punish and agonize themselves to make themselves eager to prove themselves and perhaps the people around them wrong.

Yours truly is one helluva moody and odd individual, so perhaps it wouldn't come as obnoxious or eccentric to me to admit I may do any of the above to get myself back on track (hold on, I actually have a track to begin with? I might...). One recent addition to my list of random sources of motivation would be jogging/running. I never imagined myself saying this, but as boring and mundane as jogging might sound, it is really rewarding to me, especially since I've somehow not only managed to run at a decent pace. With an incline, but I also manage to do a mile in 7-minutes (apparently doing one in under 8 minutes is somewhat challenging). Not bad for a lazy bum/geek like me.

2 comments:

Khaled said...

It's a great start :) It looks like you found what is working for yo, Omar! Always remind yourself of what makes you feel great, what you are grateful for, and what you want.

I am excited for you and the way you want to change yourself.

Unknown said...

hi Khaled!

Thanks for passing by the blog! Really appreciate your words :). One day I will be fully-aware of myself and what spurs me on ;-)

Ps. Welcome to blogsphere!